Chemical hazards in industries can cause serious harm to workers and the environment. To prevent these hazards, it is essential to have visual warnings and inspection recording in place. Visual warnings, such as labels, signs, and placards, can alert workers to the presence of hazardous chemicals and inform them of the proper precautions to take.
The purpose of the Chemtag is in case there is an accident or incident where the chemicals are stored or with a person coming into contact. It pulls the pertinent information off the COSHH safety data sheets and makes it immediately available for first aid or medical purposes.
1 = what fire extinguisher is required
2 = what's the immediate first aid action
3 = what's the immediate spill response
So the fire brigade know what they're dealing with and the ambulance can take the card, take the person and away they go.
- Substances used directly in work activities such as adhesives, paints and cleaning agents
- Substances generated during work activities such as fumes from soldering and welding
- Naturally occurring substances such as grain dust
- Biological agents such as bacteria and other micro-organisms
The control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) regulations 2002 specifically requires employers to:
- Assess the risks to health from hazardous substances used in or created by your workplace activities. Decide what precautions are needed. If you have five or more employees you must make and keep a record of the main findings of the assessment, either in writing or on computer
- Prevent or adequately control exposure
- Ensure that control systems used are maintained properly and that safety procedures are followed
- Monitor the exposure of employees to hazardous substances
- Carry out appropriate health surveillance where your assessment has shown this is necessary or where COSHH sets specific requirements
- Prepare plans and procedures to deal with accidents, incidents and emergencies involving hazardous substances
- Ensure employees have suitable and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision
Which Scafftag systems can help you?
- Permit Wallets: Provides ultimate protection and ease of viewing of permits / documents at the point of use.
- Chemical hazard inspection tagging systems: the pertinent information off the COSHH safety data sheets and makes it immediately available for first aid or medical purposes
- SafeTrak Inspection Software: Recording details of inspections and testing results
Scafftag – A Brady Business
Tel 0845 089 4060